The first time I lived on my own I lived on vegetarian burritos. All of the ingredients are super-easy to prepare and it keeps you satiated for a long period of time. And once you cook the rice and corn you can keep the leftovers in the fridge so the next time it’ll be even faster and easier to make!
Ingredients:Flour Tortillas Brown Rice Canned Black Beans (Rinsed and drained) Shredded Cheese Frozen Corn (Cooked according to directions) Salsa (optional) The amounts vary by taste (and size of burrito desired).
How to prepare brown rice:
Use 2 1/2 cups water for each cup of rice. Bring rice and water to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40-50 minutes or until most of liquid has been absorbed. Remove lid and stir. Let stand five minutes.
How to prepare burrito:
1. Lay flour tortilla flat on a microwaveable plate.
2. Sprinkle cheese on bottom third of tortilla.
3. Layer the remaining ingredients (except salsa) on top of cheese.
4. Sprinkle on another layer of cheese.
5. Fold in sides and then roll.
6. Heat in microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes (or until heated though).
7. Serve with salsa if desired.
8. ENJOY! 😀